Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wyee Weekend

Well here I am at a borrowed keyboard after two very full days on the coast. Drove up from Wagga on Friday dropping in at every Model shop I could get to catching up with many friends.

Friday Evening was spent slot racing with Shane and the racers at Tuggerah. My first time on a large commercial track and I did not disgrace myself. Managed to run in the lead for portion of one 2 minute heat ansd finished up in the top half of the field for the session. I did not expect to run too well but managed to do ok. I definitely enjoyed it. A big thanks to you guys for making a very tired traveller feel at home. I learnt heaps and will be back to try and do better so watch out. Thoroughly enjoyed a trial in a flexi with 16D power. These things are a blast. Managed to post a 3.8 sec lap which had me on the edge on the track and apparently it was a fairly competitive lap for the car. I just want one......

Spent this morning at theOur Town Model Show in Newcastle and the afternoon with the Wyee Model Rail Club running on "Upper Hunter". Always fun. Tonight we have just packed the guitars away after a jam that lasted for tea time until now and we are all just settling in now for a movie before bed. Tomorrow will be a low stress day travelling home through Sydney catching up with more friends and hopefully being home again in Wagga at a reasonable time tomorrow night.

So guys and gals, race it on the track and keep it safe on the road.

Cya all soon.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment